These are some examples of feedback questions that invite open dialogue (keeping in mind that a supportive tone is very important) :
- How did that go for you?
- What was your impression of how that went for the client/patient?
- What did you find the most challenging about that interaction?
- What were you the most happy with about that interaction?
- What sorts of interventions have you tried in that situation?
- What has been useful? What about not helpful?
- Before we get into my comments, do you have any questions related to this case that you would like me to answer?
Methods of providing feedback
- Non-verbal feedback
- Verbal feedback
- Written feedback
- Record cards
- Assessment rubrics